The 4th Youth Parliament has been held as a part of celebration of Sava Day on May 29-30, 2015 in Bihać (BA). Around 40
students from 7 secondary schools from SI, BA, HR and RS, participated the event.
Following schools participate at the 4th Youth Parliament:
- SI: Secondary school Črnomelj
- HR: School of Applied Arts and Design Zagreb and Technical School Kutina
- BA: Medical School Bihać, Technical School Gradiška
- RS: Secondary school for Applied Arts Šabac and Touristic School Belgrade
The schools have been selected on the basis of the results of the photo competition on the theme “Living with the river and on the river” aiming to strengthen the awareness of the natural beauties of the Sava River and its tributaries, to consider the tendencies that endanger natural balance critically and to raise awareness of the needs of sustainable development in harmony with nature.
The best photos are available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/irakoy1n4ksvzg9/AAD5gXkeCB-sBozGbG8Gs0aOa?dl=0.
As guests the representative of the Youth Parliament at the Alpine Convention participate the event and another team from Secondary school Črnomelj which was the best in the completion Mojareka.si (http://www.mojareka.si) sponsored by Coca Cola Hellenic in Slovenia.
Activities of the 4th Youth Parliament 2015 included:
- Visit to the National Park Una,
- Selection of Youth Parliament bodies in accordance with the Statute;
- Three thematic workshops: photo workshop, workshop on the development of strategy and action plan for the following year and a workshop on improving the communication of young people in the basin through the use of modern communication technologies.
- Exhibition of selection photos at the main square in Bihać.
The conclusions of 4th Youth Parliament were focused to networking, promoting and education.
- Regarding the networking the participants concluded to use modern social media and collect information of project and activities (past and ongoing) of the schools relevant for environment protection and water management.
- To enhance promotion they will also use modern social media (e.g. Facebook), write articles in school’s newspapers, make different presentations on our activities to inform other schools in the region. The main target is to get 1000 likes on Youth Parliament Facebook which is going to be established.
- To raise awareness among young people each school they invite local water experts of water companies to present their work.